It was highly productive period. Some of this work will be forwarded to a show in Auckland, New Zealand, a piece will be hung at the U.S. Embassy in Canberra, Australia, and a few works have been commissioned. Unfortunately a few pieces and components (important ones ugh) were damaged by TSA during transit. But that is a whole other post.....
Here a few works in progress....
Broken then fused seperatley. Much of the new work looks for patterns within the breaks and finds continuity between panels. This stems from an observation I made in grad school. I was looking out my fourth floor studio and noticed how independently poured slabs of concrete were linked by a single crack.
Experiments in creating sculptural works. Using no silvering. Just light.
A kiln full of broken panels with cover sheets.
Fused, sawed, sandblasted, then "fire polished"
I have also started silvering the panels myself.
Crates! A perk of using Bullseye sheet glass is that it comes with high quality foam. So easy to pack out a crate.
These are probably my favorite new works/experiments. Black on black. Very simple. Very clean.
Big ginger! I have also started to drop the glass into the kiln. Not arranging anything and leaving the break more to chance. A less heavy handed approach.
Large white panel.
And then my little helper. Irena :)